Yielly's Alphabet is a blog based on the alphabet. Each month a letter will be chosen at random and our posts will be based on that letter. Suggestions for future letters or posts as well as questions are welcome, just drop us note.

15.2.10

S is for ... Simon (& Garfunkel)

I know, I know. I'm supposed to be on vacation and whatnot, but, I've got fifteen minutes of down time at the moment, so I'll do a quick music post and then be off to the poetry slam tonight. =D (who knows, you might just get a post on that as well. :D)



The group, composed of Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, has been active since 1957 and their first minor hit was "Hey, Schoolgirl". However, it was being featured in the hit movie The Graduate that propelled them into the public eye.


Their music is mellow and reminds me of strolling through Vancouver (which would be what I've been doing for the past five days). With beautiful acoustic backings and their voices doing wonderful weaving over and under and through each other, they are definitely worth giving a listen to.

Check out their site here or even buy any of their CDs from Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment