Yielly's Alphabet is a blog based on the alphabet. Each month a letter will be chosen at random and our posts will be based on that letter. Suggestions for future letters or posts as well as questions are welcome, just drop us note.

8.3.10

H is for ... (Bradley) Hathaway

Bradley Hathaway is an indie musician that I had the luck to see live last spring (wow, almost a year ago!). To be honest, I didn't know what to think when I first saw him, but as soon as he started singing and reciting his poetry, I was hooked. He's an amazing live performer. He talked with the audience and laughed, made jokes, all of it. It was a fairly small audience, to be sure, but he was engaged and it showed that he loves what he's doing.



The video's not so good, I'm sorry, but it's the best I could find. "Like Socrates Loved the Truth" (the name of the song) is my favourite of the songs I've heard. His music has something raw and untouched to it. It reminds me of someone recording in a basement and selling their CDs on a busy street. It's honest and painful, but lovely at the same time.
The links will take you to Amazon and Bandsonfire.com where you can purchase any of his CDs.


No comments:

Post a Comment