Yielly's Alphabet is a blog based on the alphabet. Each month a letter will be chosen at random and our posts will be based on that letter. Suggestions for future letters or posts as well as questions are welcome, just drop us note.

5.3.10

H is for ... (Calvin) & Hobbes


Obviously I am terrible at this. As in, so terribly horrible at looking and making sure I post on Mondays and Thursdays that it's Tuesdays and Fridays. -fails-

However! I bring to you one of my favourite characters of all time. My dad (as per usual) is the one who introduced Calvin & Hobbes into my life. As long as I can remember he's had the comic books on his shelves, both at home and in his office at whatever school he's taught at. Then there were the photocopies of his favourite ones pinned to the bulletin boards.

I would have to say that Calvin & Hobbes were my first foray into comics, of any sort. Written and drawn by Bill Watterson, the comic first appeared on November 18, 1985 and ended on December 31, 1995. Calvin stays as a troublesome, imaginative, sarcastic, and grey hair inducing six year old, and Hobbes is his equally troublesome stuffed tiger.



Not only is he troublesome, he's an exact replica of every little boy I've ever known/met/etc. And his sidekick, the slightly more grown-up part of the duo, Hobbes. They're the epitome of childhood. =D


No comments:

Post a Comment