Yielly's Alphabet is a blog based on the alphabet. Each month a letter will be chosen at random and our posts will be based on that letter. Suggestions for future letters or posts as well as questions are welcome, just drop us note.

1.2.10

S is for ... (Regina) Spektor


I have been a fan of Regina Spektor ever since I heard her perform On The Radio on the Jonathan Ross show. I was blown away by her lyrics and quirky voice and not to mention she was Russian (I have an obsession with Russians, we will explore this further when it's time for R). Later, I read a blog post she posted during the Israel-Gaza conflict, while I did not support her opinion I rightly respected it, she was eloquent and articulate, poetic even. She is a perfect role model, unapologetic and quietly confident.


Admittedly, I am not a fan of all her songs, sometimes the lyrics are too quirky for me and while she can do amazing things with her voice she can also do confusing things with it. But you should definitely check her out, you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment