Yielly's Alphabet is a blog based on the alphabet. Each month a letter will be chosen at random and our posts will be based on that letter. Suggestions for future letters or posts as well as questions are welcome, just drop us note.

10.4.10

A is for ... Atonement



Quite literally my favourite trio of all time: the book, the movie, the soundtrack. It's beautiful, haunting, and takes my breathe away. I've worn through my copy of the book, bawled through the movie, and listened to the soundtrack on repeat (Dario Marianelli, you are a genius). The preview for the movie is enough to get me aching to pick up my copy and go through it again and again. Ian McEwan is also a genius. His words, especially in this book, are tangible. You can feel them, taste them, see them. If you haven't, take a peek within the pages, a glance at the movie, or a listen to the soundtrack. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment