Yielly's Alphabet is a blog based on the alphabet. Each month a letter will be chosen at random and our posts will be based on that letter. Suggestions for future letters or posts as well as questions are welcome, just drop us note.

27.3.11

W is for .... Wild [is the] Wind

Hello! Long time no write but I'm back and I come bearing music.

"Wild is the Wind" became one of my favourite songs when I heard used for the trailer for Revolutionary Road. The version used in that instance was the original recording by Nina Simone and I feel in love. Recently, however, I heard Esperanza Spalding's version and I can't decide which version I like better, and so I like both. The mood conveyed in both songs may be similar but there are these subtle differences that I enjoy noticing. Have a listen and tell me which version you like better, or if like me you just like both because it's easier than choosing ;)


Nina Simone's version:



Esperanza Spalding's version:




No comments:

Post a Comment