Yielly's Alphabet is a blog based on the alphabet. Each month a letter will be chosen at random and our posts will be based on that letter. Suggestions for future letters or posts as well as questions are welcome, just drop us note.

2.4.11

L is for ... Lunch

Grilled cheese sandwiches are one of my roommates' and my favourite things to make/eat. Not only are they super easy/cheap, but, hello! cheesy and delicious to boot. As college students, we really can't ask for much more.

A few weeks ago, I had some vegetables that I wanted to get rid of, but didn't know what to make, so I incorporated them into the classic grilled cheese. While it may sound/look a bit odd, don't disregard it right away. It's actually surprisingly delicious and adds an interestingly quirky twist on a cheesy classic. :)











After the tomatoes, I also put another layer of cheese on top.


Then in the oven for a few minutes on Broil - Low. Keep an eye on it and pull it out
when the cheese starts to melt/the bread starts to brown.


My lunch time set up. :)




And then for dessert....


Just needs a little bit of cream & sugar, and voila!
The perfect Saturday lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment