Yielly's Alphabet is a blog based on the alphabet. Each month a letter will be chosen at random and our posts will be based on that letter. Suggestions for future letters or posts as well as questions are welcome, just drop us note.

27.6.10

M is for ... Marian (Hill)


I can't find anything on Marian Hill other than the short blurb that she posted at her bio at eastwing.org:

"My work is collaged from many, many small fragments of paper. I cut up magazines and books then reassemble them into my images using old fashioned glue and scalpel blades. This technique is intricate and time consuming, but I love the textual quality that it produces."

I received a lovely card for my birthday that portrayed a piece of her art and new she would be a wonderful artist to share with everyone. Lack of information, however, means that all I have to share is this link, which will take you to the previously mentioned eastwing.org and a collection of her art. I'm sad that there wasn't more I could share with you all. She has some downright beautiful art.



No comments:

Post a Comment