Yielly's Alphabet is a blog based on the alphabet. Each month a letter will be chosen at random and our posts will be based on that letter. Suggestions for future letters or posts as well as questions are welcome, just drop us note.

8.11.10

T is for ... Texts (From Last Night)



While I may not have any texts that are remotely close to being TFLN worthy (I've had a few nights that are worthy. I was apparently too busy to send a text about it), I'm waiting for the day when that's no longer true. Which sounds stupidly ridiculous, I know, BUT, the amount of laughing that I've done because of this site makes it all worth it.

I think the person who introduced me the most to TFLN was my sister. Once I moved from Saskatchewan to Ontario, L and I started Facebooking each other on a regular basis. We didn't even talk that much in person over the last year while I was at home. However, we weren't really having 'conversations' as much as re-posting different TFLN's that we'd found. Which led to us mocking each other, which led to us actually asking each other how our day went. It sounds ridiculous, I know. Kind of ridiculous like me wanting to, one day, send a TFLN worthy text to at least one person on my contact list. (Trust me, there are people waiting for this to happen, and I'm promising them it will. I have wonderful friends, I know.)

I'm off to bed now. Spent nine hours taking a two hour trip back from Toronto today. There was police officers and the TTC and bad directions and me running around with my weekend bag, hoping that I was going to make it home in one piece. WHICH I DID! And then found out I had an assignment due at 3:30 this morning. SO! Time for bed it is, because I apparently have to function for a meeting in eleven hours and write/hand in that assignment. Oh college, what have you done to me?


No comments:

Post a Comment