Yielly's Alphabet is a blog based on the alphabet. Each month a letter will be chosen at random and our posts will be based on that letter. Suggestions for future letters or posts as well as questions are welcome, just drop us note.

12.12.10

C is for ... (Bing) Crosby



My mother is a huge oldies fan. Huge. As in, the only Christmas carols I ever remember hearing is Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Fred Astaire, and, of course, Bing Crosby. Without fail, we replay the same four or five CDs every Christmas. Also without fail, I will replay Crosby's version of Silver Bells until it drives people crazy. It was also the first Christmas carol I learned to play on my trumpet.

Now, even half a country away from my family, I made sure to upload those Christmas albums, and, the song I play every night before I go to bed? Silver Bells - Bing Crosby.



No comments:

Post a Comment