Yielly's Alphabet is a blog based on the alphabet. Each month a letter will be chosen at random and our posts will be based on that letter. Suggestions for future letters or posts as well as questions are welcome, just drop us note.

20.3.11

W is for ... Weekends & To-Do Lists

Sorry for seemingly dropping off the face of the planet. School has been nothing short of ridiculous with assignments/portfolio review board tomorrow morning/getting sources for articles/shooting video/etc. I've been out and about town

My friends and I have the running joke that I should be a professional to-do list maker because it's what I do all. the. time. About twice a day, if not more often. It's a crazy sounding thing, I know, but, it makes me feel so good to cross things off of a list. Makes it feel tangible and like I actually accomplished something. (Which, well, I did...)

Today's was kept short and sweet because: a.) it's Sunday and b.) the month week I've had has been ridiculous and I need to relax.

  • Do and hand in (late) assignment
  • Put together a portfolio for tomorrow's board
  • Update my blogs
  • Make/print off business cards/name card for tomorrow's board
  • Read
And all of them have been completed! Now, what's left of my weekend can be spent leisurely, doing things like this:

1. Make a list of 5 things that you can see without getting up:
Two letters
A frozen yogurt container
Five copies of Nylon and one copy of NylonGuys
A blue dream catcher
Brooklyn by Colm Toibin

2. How do you style your hair?
Wash and wear, I've got a natural wave.

3. What are you wearing now?
Rolled up red&black fleece pj pants and a tank top. (It's Sunday, can you blame me?!)


4. What's your occupation?
Photojournalism student. Oooh, exciting, I know.

5. What do you hear right now?
iTunes, on shuffle, now playing: Eminem - Lose Yourself

6. Who was the last person you hugged?
.....JJ?

7. What is/was for dinner?
Homemade chicken noodle soup. :)

8. What did you do today?
Slept in, read some Nylon and King, Queen, Knave by Vladimir Nabokov (info, buy)

9. Dog person or cat person?
Cat! I have three at home: Nike, Adidas, Geox. We're cool like that. :)

10. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
If I abso-freaking-lutely had to? Ummmm.....Cecilia. (Atonement is my favourite book, what can I say?)

11. What was the last thing that you bought?
A bus ticket. And other than that? Food on Tuesday.

12. If you could afford to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
EVERYWHERE! There really isn't a place I WOULDN'T go. (I am easy to please...or something.)

13. Where do you see yourself in five years?
In the same place. But I like this place.

14. Where's your birthmark?
I have two, actually: one on my thigh, the other on my chest.

15. What are you doing this weekend?
After this? Nooooothing.

16. What is the best flavor of Jello?
Lime. :)

17. How tired are you?
I'm not, surprisingly. I am...contented.


No comments:

Post a Comment