Yielly's Alphabet is a blog based on the alphabet. Each month a letter will be chosen at random and our posts will be based on that letter. Suggestions for future letters or posts as well as questions are welcome, just drop us note.

2.5.11

Things I Love - Post #4

It's been so long since I've posted, and for that I'm so sorry. Though, I'm not entirely and utterly sorry because I was off having family time and loads of fun with them, which was what I needed. However, I'm now back, have caught up with most of the blogs/people/messages/e-mails/etc that have piled up in my departure and now I get to post! (Which was the part I was really looking forward to doing. :D)
  1. Poor Michael's Bookshop - In the small, tourist-y town of Onanole, Manitoba there's this jewel of a book store. Second hand books in the front and cafe/fair trade shop in the back, music plays while the locals chat over their favourite cups of coffee. I got the green bracelet while my dad got the dancing frog candle holder (he has this thing for frogs, IDEK), my sisters got bracelets and earrings, and my mother a ring. Then there was the ridiculously cute finger puppets. :) All in all: any time possible, I will be haunting this delightful treasure. The best part? We caught it on it's one open time during the off season for Easter weekend!
  2. Scott Caan Photography - Okay, okay, okay. I know I've done nothing but talk about him (okay, this is only my third post with him included), but! For very good reason: this man is ridiculously, brilliantly, mind blowingly talented (and needs to shoot in colour more often). In that way where I actually want to go shooting with the man other than drool all over him because he takes beautiful pictures. And not just of things I actually expected. For the most part, his pictures have depth to them, which is something I'm always looking for in a fellow photographer, so I was more than pleasantly surprised. Some of my favourites:




  3. Homemade Nutella - Found via Anthology, they posted about this (surprisingly!) simple recipe for homemade nutella. The ingredients, instructions, and images (see what I did there?;D) make it seem like a wonderfully fun and tasty thing to try out.
  4. Voting in my first Federal election! Even though the party I voted for didn't get into power, it was still kind of exciting. :) (And that's all you'll hear on the matter.)


Hope you found something you liked, and I am off to bed. It's late, I've been sleepy for the past....I don't even know how long anymore, and I have a busy, busy week ahead of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment